You are here
Sugar Aloes, Cro Cro, what about these?
As I reflect on the innumerable social/political commentaries made via the calypso artform, I wonder how come I have never heard songs composed by calypso stalwarts Sugar Aloes and Cro Cro on the following issues:
• Calder Hart sitting on five state boards and earning millions of dollars and running off unscathed.
• The Udecott fiasco that Dr Keith Rowley had said stinks to the highest heavens.
• Hazel Manning, spouse of a sitting prime minister, being appointed a senator and minister. Nepotism at its finest.
• 9,000 former Caroni workers still waiting for promised land.
• $1.5 billion contractor debt from the Manning administration.
• $20 billion Clico crisis and role of a former finance minister.
• The unsettled wage negotiations with some unions that were inherited?
I ask this because Cro Cro was very colourful in his depictions of people like former veteran journalist/former adviser to AG Ramlogan, Clevon Raphael and social activist Hazel Brown in his composition for 2011. I am hoping that he and Sugar Aloes will tactfully as always compose something on the PNM misdeeds for the last eight years (2002-2010). After all, what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. I wait with bated breath.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.