Celebrities and their fashion choices have always played a part in shaping the trends of the day and this has been since the beginning of the film and TV era. In these times that has not changed. As a matter of fact it may have gone overboard in the last 20 to 30 years because celebrity style and access to their looks has become so easy, especially in the age of facebook, the Internet, twitter and the like. So it comes as no surprise that the stars continue to have their impact on what we consider beautiful and trendy. In 2010 and 2011 the world was smitten by Kim Kardashian and her heavy smoky eye look with the nude lip inspired many requests and was the subject of many Youtube makeup tutorials.
In 2012, the world is in love with Adele and all things Adele. Now if you have been under a rock for the last year let me bring you up to speed. Adele is a 23-year-old British young woman who is the latest pop sensation. Her sound is soulful and unique and she has risen to global popularity over the last two years. In the 2012 Grammy Awards she was the top winner coming away with six Grammy’s, including for the Song of the Year and Album of the Year. I do love her myself. For one she is not stick thin and she is beautiful (YAY!). Secondly she has a style that harkens back to the sixties (which would be definitely recognizable to someone who was a teen or in their twenties back then). Her style has brought back interest in the mod look with the big hair and the nude / pale look which is an era that I look on with fascination.
Adele’s makeup look is a flawless, matte look. It is also expertly contoured giving her prominent cheekbones.
Adele Look (The Eyes)
What you need
• Flesh-toned eye shadow
• Darker eye shadow (for the crease)
• Felt tip liquid eyeliner (in black)
• Volumizing mascara
• False eyelashes (get the ones that are longer on the outside corner)
• Nude lipstick and nude lip liner
(suitable for your complexion)
• Nude Lip gloss (more creamy / non-shiny)
• Large eye shadow brush
• Fine slanted angled brush
How to do it
• Take your eye shadow brush and sweep the flesh toned color shadow from lash line up to the brow bone.
• Apply the darker shade to the crease.
• Take the eyeliner and start in the inner corner by drawing a thick line from the inside corner going outward.
• Take the slanted eye shadow brush and flick the corner out and upward to create the cat eye. (Note: If you feel that the black eyeliner maybe too much for you, experiment with dark brown and charcoal grays and also experiment with the length of your cat eye).
• Only lightly line the corners of the lower lash line.
• Apply the false eyelashes and apply mascara to seal your lashes with the fake ones.
Adele Look (The Lips)
• Line the lips and fill in the whole lip with the liner.
• Apply the lipstick and top with the gloss.
Note: Adele often will go a little heavier on her lips with a peachy color and sometimes even red, but her lips are never overly shiny.